Sunday, November 9, 2008

2008 Garden: A Year in Review

So since I'm just starting this blog and the idea didn't really occur to me until recently, I didn't purposely take great pictures of the garden through the season, and a lot of the pictures I took were on my camera-phone and thus deleted and un-findable (Sorry, sunflowers!).

However, I was able to locate a lot of them, and put together a flickr slideshow of different spots of the garden through the 2008 season:



Our primary garden areas are as follows:
(Pictures are by group/area, with progression through the season, first pictures are from mid-April, last ones are from early November)

* 2 4x10 raised bed boxes for vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers, beans, peas) and bushels with herbs
* Back fence with muskmelon and watermelon vines
* Along the side of the garage - honeysuckle, violets, and mini-roses
* Fence by the garage - in the yard - raspberries and mint
* Side fence - Sunflowers, strawberry patch, butterfly garden, cherry tree
* Fence - outside of the yard - Miscellaneous flowers

Soon, I'm going to post our goals and what we'd like to do with the garden for 2009.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome! First, yay for a new blog to read. Second, you guys had a fabulous garden this year! I would graciously accept some of your sun dried tomoates as I'm sure they are delicious.

Looking forward to reading more, and I love the template, too.

Dr Zibbs said...

Nice. I have a veggie garden that I post about pretty often. Can't wait for the Spring!

 
design by suckmylolly.com